Zarine Khan is back with a bang


Bollywood Actress Zarine Khan has been offered a juicy lead role in director’s debut

After the Release of Veer, there was buzz that the Katrina Kaif lookalike was being considered for the Salman Khan starrer Kick to be produced by Sajid Nadiadwala. But now Shotgun’s daughter will do the project.

“Dabangg was the biggest hit of the year while Veer did not do well. So the scenario changes completely,” reasons Zarine who was spotted by Sallu on a film set and went on to be his heroine.

“Ultimately, it is the director’s call. Before me, Deepika Padukone’s name was also being mentioned for Kick.”

She adds, “I did get offers after Veer, but I did not want to be in a tearing hurry. I wanted to be extremely cautious and select the right film,” she points out.

“I did not want to do just any film and regret it later. I am not a star kid or come from a film family. So I have to be extra careful as there will be no second chances for me.”

Presently, Zarine has been offered debutant Guru Sharma’s action film Cocaine. He is the cousin of musician Monty Sharma (Saawariya).

The action flick has the actress do some high-octane scenes. “I have liked the script and I am considering it.” Since the past several months, she has been gymming it out to lose the flab she was asked to put on for Veer.

During the shoot, Sallu had put her on a chocolate diet to pile on the kilos. The actor had personally taken interest in her diet making sure she gorged on cakes and pastries, as her role required her to look fuller.

“I am back in shape to what I was,” says Zarine who had accompanied Salman to Aamir Khan’s bash for the Academy Award-winning music composer Gustavo Santaolalla in June last year. “And yes I am looking at
B-Town anew.”