Ayesha Takia Azmi Bollywood Hot Actress Photos Biography Videos Wallpapers 2011

Ayesha Takia Azmi Biography
Biography for
Ayesha Takia More at IMDbPro »
ad feedback
Date of Birth
10 April 1986, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India 
Mini Biography
Ayesha Takia was born in Mumbai on April 10th 1986. Her father's name is Nishit, a Gujarati and her mother's name is Faridah, who is half Maharashtrian and half Caucasian British.
Ayesha had never let her lack of speaking Hindi fluently come in her way. A go-getter, she is no stranger to the silver screen and has faced cameras even at the tender age of 4. Her continuity was what got her noticed and the makers of 'Socha Na Tha' approached her in 2004 to play the lead role opposite Dharmendra's nephew Abhay Deol which she accepted.
She also signed up for another film 'Tarzaan The Wonder Car' which proved to be her debut in Bollywood, as the release of 'Socha Na Tha' was delayed.
With 'Tarzaan The Wonder Car' Ayesha quickly made her mark in Bollywood and not only was noticed but also received an Award - The Best Filmfare Debut.
Thereafter her films have done poorly at the Box Office, although she scored highly with teenaged audience in India and abroad, especially with her performance in 'Dil Maange More' and 'Shaadi No. 1'.
She also appeared in a 2006 Telegu movie named 'Robbery', which was later dubbed into Hindi and released as 'Super'.
And then came Dor in which she played the role without any glamor - the film that brought a lot of praise and much needed recognition for her. Here she has proved that she can enact both good and glamorous on one hand and the more ordinary next door type girl roles with ease.
Now Ayesha is one of the most gorgeous and beautiful actresses much sought after by movie makers and a force to be reckoned with, especially for other leading ladies of Bollywood.
 Growing up having faced the camera at age 4, Ayesha Takia is the girl in the popular ad “I am a Complan girl.” She is the daughter of a Gujarati father and an Anglo-Maharashtrian muslim mother. She made her debut in Tarzan the Wonder Kid. Although her films fared poorly, she was immensely popular with the younger audience in India and abroad. Her best performance came with the film Dor in 2006. In spite of having not many hits to her credits, she is a much sought after actress as she has a large teenage fan following. And it should come as a surprise that Ayesha is actually not fluent in Hindi because she came from an English-speaking film.
She has a boyfriend in Farhan Azmi.
Favourites:
Actors: Johny Depp, Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh
Actresses: Sridevi
Director: Sanjay Leela Bansali
Film: Lamhe (1991)
Brands: Mango, Zara, Diesel, Fcuk, Guess and G Star
Perfumes: 212 Sexy by Carolina Herrera, Armani Code by Giorgio Armani, Cherie by Christian Dior, and True Star by Tommy Hilfiger
Shopping: Italy, Malaysia, Singapore, London and Amsterdam
Dishes: Pasta, Mutton Biryani, Chinese Platter, Vada Paav and Pizza
She is a Mumbaite and comes from a mixed family. Her father is Gujarati, and her mother is half British and half Maharashtrian Muslim.
She listens to loads of hip-hop, techno, trance, soft rock, rock, and also loves Ghazals, Sufi, and Hindi film music. Her favorite Pakistani artists are Ghulam Ali and Abeeda Parveen.
Loves to listen to stories of the character she is playing in upcoming films, holidays, coffee, dancing, music, reading, traveling, & her favorite thing to do is sitting at cafés over conversation with people she likes.
Is a member of PETA.She is a person who is very much attached to animals. Encourages people to stop using leather and other products which are tested on animals and to be kind to animals.
Her favorite actors from childhood are Johnny Depp, Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, and Shah Rukh Khan. Her favorite actresses are Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukherjee, and her all-time favorite is Sridevi. Ayesha finds there are many good directors, but she has always liked Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
I feel simply fabulous that I have a fan in Preity Zinta! I think its high praise coming from a senior co-actor like her. It's extremely encouraging.
I have turned down roles like Chameli (2003) because I do not aspire to reach on top this way. I have always opted for different kind of roles and I depend on my work and skills rather than on my skin like many other women in the industry.
Yes, I have said NO to directors like Yash Chopra. I had even refused to do Neal 'N' Nikki (2005) because I felt that I would never be comfortable in a bra and panties and run around the beach. Besides that smooching sequences in the film were too bold for me to do. I want to maintain my dignity in the industry. I don't want to compromise that for a big director or for some big money.
I have to face my family, my boyfriend and in future my kids also. I don't want to embarrass them because of my dare bare acts! So, I don't want to do anything which looks obscene on the screen. Today, if I have to face my family and boyfriend, tomorrow I have to face my kids also. How will I justify my exposure and appearances in a bra? I have some responsibility towards my family and I will never compromise for that. I was very clear in my mind from day one.
Well, my best wishes for people who want to do body exposure. They choose these types of movies according to their liking. As far as it is concerned with me I am not comfortable with these types of scenes. I have to see the film with my grandparents and parents. So for me it is not acceptable.
Whatever has happened with Main Hoon Na (2004) is all because of the date problem. I had never signed the film. Farah Khan is very sweet and I liked her. These are only rumors spread by some people and the media. I was never a part of the film. Farah and I are good friends. I don't know why people spread this type of news.
Himesh Reshammiya has given excellent music in Taarzan: The Wonder Car (2004). I am a romantic girl and I love romantic song. So 'O Sajan' is my favorite song. But the title track 'Taarzan', which is a haunting and mysterious type of track is worth listening it. So that is also my favorite song.
I think Kya Love Story Hai (2007) will do well. I was very keen to do this film. After my debut film Socha Na Tha (2005), I hadn't done a love story. I prefer doing love stories.
Thankfully I haven't had any bad experiences with stardom, because I never venture out alone. My mother is always with me and I am always surrounded by my family and staff.
I debuted with the typical heroine role that was glamor-centric. Now I want to press for performance centric roles where my acting capabilities will be put to test. Socha Na Tha (2005) does that for me.
On what got her to sign Dil Maange More!!! (2004): I liked the script. There were a bagful of characters, which makes the narrative interesting. It's a romantic comedy and I had a blast working in it. I play Shagun. She is very casual and isn't too particular about the way she presents herself. Shagun is a Khadus character who has constant fights with Shahid. She is a fashion designer by profession. My favorite song in the movie is Chun Liya. It's picturized on Shahid and me.
On how she managed the song-n-dance bit: Well, I am not half as good as Shahid Kapoor, but I like to dance, because I enjoy it.
On Shahid Kapoor: He is a very talented actor. All I knew was to come onto the sets and mouth my lines. He got me aware of the technicalities. Camera facing, angles, profiles all of this is Shahid's tuition.
On not doing Ghajini (2008)'s remake with Aamir Khan: It was my choice to opt out and I don't want to talk about it anymore. Some things are destined not to happen.
On the personal front I feel happy that I'm blessed with my long-time boyfriend Farhan who lets me be myself. We plan to marry in five years' time and I will definitely let the whole world know when we tie the knot.
I'd seen Rohit Shetty's Golmaal: Fun Unlimited (2006) and loved it. And when he told me that Ajay Devgan was my co-star I said 'Wow'! He had played my father-in-law in Taarzan: The Wonder Car (2004), and being his ardent fan I had wondered if I would ever be romantically paired opposite him. Equally interesting was my character, Seher. A dubbing artiste for cartoon characters, she sleeps one Saturday night and gets up on Monday morning unable to remember what happened in-between. Though I was intrigued by the thought of a day going missing in a person's life, I believe this happens with some people. I gave the nod immediately, but playing Seher was not as easy as it seemed, and I recount the training I had to undergo before she faced the camera. I had to watch dozens of cartoon films to register not only the peculiar, squeaky noises that they make, but their weird expressions as well. Vikas Kadam, a speech trainer, who had helped Tusshar Kapoor play a mute in Golmaal: Fun Unlimited (2006), was there to guide me, and there was also Rakesh a senior dubbing technician. I realized as Seher I had to lose all inhibitions and distort my face to get my voice and expressions correct! It was so embarrassing at times. On the sets I refused to see my face on the monitor every time a shot was okayed!
Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia Azmi
 Ayesha Takia Azmi
 Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia Azmi
Ayesha Takia & Farhan Azmi's Exclusive Wedding
Ayesha Takia Azmi & Director Prabhu Deva on their Upcoming Wanted